COVID-19 Privacy notice supplementary information
Public Health Scotland is supporting the Scottish Government, NHS National Services Scotland (NSS) and NHSScotland Health Boards in the response to COVID-19. To find out how data is being used during the COVID-19 response, please read the following:
- COVID-19 privacy statement for NHSScotland and partner organisations
- COVID-19 use of your data shielding policy
- COVID-19 use of testing data
- COVID-19 use of Contact Tracing data
Information for the public on COVID-19 can be found on NHS Inform. NHS Inform includes a link to enable people to obtain a self-isolation note for employment and statutory sick pay purposes.
In collaborating with our partners to deliver an effective COVID-19 response, we recognise that the duty to share information can be as important as the duty to protect confidentiality. Therefore, data controllers within NHSScotland have agreed on an intra-NHS Scotland Information Sharing Accord.
Our processing of personal data in relation to COVID-19 is lawful because:
- we are performing a task in the public interest as we are empowered to do under the Public Health Scotland Order 2019
- Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in relation to the Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008 and The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Regulations 2020
- Processing is necessary for scientific, historical research purposes, and statistical purposes in relation to the Public Health Scotland Order 2019, The Official Statistics (Scotland) Order 2008, The Official Statistics (Scotland) Amendment Order 2019 and the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007
Your data protection and rights in relation to COVID-19 personal data held by Public Health Scotland remain unaffected and may be exercised through the process detailed in our Privacy Notice. However, due to the efforts by our staff in responding to the COVID-19 effort, we kindly ask for your understanding if our response times are slower than normal.