This guidance is to support those working in homelessness settings to give advice to their staff and users of their services about how they can prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The following recommendations are for services working with individuals experiencing the following:
- rough sleeping and in hostel accommodation
- homeless and accessing day care settings, shelters and rapid rehousing welcome centres
- rough sleeping or involved in street based activities such as begging and receiving outreach support
- homeless and living in supported accommodation
- people receiving bespoke visiting support to help sustain temporary and permanent accommodation
- people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, due to no recourse to public funds conditions, insecure immigration status, or a refusal of an asylum application and being at risk of eviction from asylum accommodation
For further information please refer to Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for Homelessness Services.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.