The place principle promotes a shared understanding of place.
It encourages collaboration between services and assets.
The principle aims to:
- overcome organisational and sectoral boundaries
- improve the impact of effective collaboration in co-addressing the needs
- realising the full potential of communities
It asks that all those responsible for designing, maintaining, and improving places to work with local communities to:
- improve the lives of people
- support inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- create more successful places