COVID-19 statistical report
A Management Information Statistics publication for Scotland
As at 10 October 2022
- 12 October 2022
- Statistical report
- Public Health Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
- In Scotland, in the week ending 24 September 2022, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 113,000 (95% credible interval: 92,100 to 135,700), equating to 2.15% of the population, or around 1 in 45 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics)
- In the week ending 09 October 2022, there were on average 838 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 12.6% increase from the previous week ending 02 October 2022 (744)
- In the week ending 09 October 2022 there were 17 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 1 from the previous week (02 October 2022)
- In the week ending 02 October 2022, there were 45 deaths involving COVID-19 (12 more than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
- By week ending 09 October 2022 of the 684,446 people vaccinated for COVID-19 as part of the Winter 2022 vaccination programme, 94% were vaccinated for Flu at the same vaccination appointment
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been monitoring a number of key indicators to assess the impact of the virus, including demands on the health system.
The COVID-19 Statistical Report summarises the current COVID-19 data in Scotland, presenting statistics on estimated infection levels from the ONS COVID Infection Survey, wastewater infection levels, reproduction (R) number, reported COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 hospital and ICU admissions and flu and COVID-19 winter 2022 vaccination programme uptake.
The next release of this publication will be 19 October 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- COVID-19 Open Data platform
- Respiratory Open Data platform
- Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake Open Data platform
- Scottish Health and Social Care Open Data platform
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 & Respiratory Surveillance in Scotland interactive dashboard was updated on 23 February 2023 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 hospital admissions.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.
Older versions of this publication
Versions of this publication released before 16 March 2020 may be found on the Data and Intelligence, Health Protection Scotland or Improving Health websites.