About this release
This is the second release by Public Health Scotland on COVID-19 data across NHSScotland. New analysis included this week: COVID-19 Hospital Admissions and Scottish Ambulance Service data.
As at 11 May 2020:
- There were 13,627 confirmed COVID-19 cases, equating to 249.4 confirmed cases per 100,000 population.
- Of the 13,627 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 8,249 (approx. 61%) were women, 5,345 (approx. 39%) were men, and there were no data on the sex of 33 cases.
- The highest rate of confirmed cases occurred in those aged 85 and above.
- As at 10 May 2020, 495 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been treated in an Intensive Care Unit.
On 1 March 2020, the first person in Scotland was tested positive for COVID-19. On 17 March, NHSScotland was placed in emergency measures by the Scottish Government. Schools have been closed since 20 March and the country has been in lockdown since 23 March.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population.
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19, for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation.
Wider impact detailed analysis
Further exploratory analysis is available on the interactive detailed analysis (external website).
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- Daily COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
COVID-19 daily dashboard
Access the COVID-19 daily dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
The 10 June 2020 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The 3 March 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives.
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.