About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
This is the final release in this format and the information can now be found in the Weekly National Respiratory Infection and COVID-19 Statistical Report from 30 November 2022
REVISION 24 November 2022: The ‘Social Care: Demand for Care at Home Services” section has been revised. A paragraph was incorrectly included which referenced a figure that was not included in the publication, this has now been corrected.
- In Scotland, in the week ending 08 November 2022, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 97,500 (95% credible interval: 81,100 to 115,900), equating to 1.85% of the population, or around 1 in 55 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics)
- In the week ending 13 November 2022, there were 47 deaths involving COVID-19 (1 more than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
- As at 14 November 2022, the number of people waiting for a social care assessment is just under 8,000
- As at 15 November 2022, for both COVID-19 and Flu, uptake of Winter 2022 vaccinations is highest in White ethnic groups and lowest in African ethnic groups. This compares to a difference of 35.1% for the COVID-19 vaccine and 33.5% for the Flu vaccine
- As at 15 November 2022, for both COVID-19 and Flu, uptake of Winter 2022 vaccinations is highest in the least deprived areas and lowest in the least deprived areas. This compares to a difference of 16.2% for the COVID-19 vaccine and 18.0% for the Flu vaccine
- In the week ending 20 November 2022, there were on average 606 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 7.8% decrease from the previous week ending 13 November 2022 (657)
- In the week ending 20 November 2022 there were 8 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, an increase of 1 from the previous week (13 November 2022)
- By week ending 20 November 2022 of the 1,653,929 people vaccinated for COVID-19 as part of the Winter 2022 vaccination programme, 91.7% were vaccinated for Flu at the same vaccination appointment
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been monitoring a number of key indicators to assess the impact of the virus, including demands on the health system.
This report summarises the current COVID-19 data in Scotland, presenting statistics on estimated infection levels from the ONS COVID Infection Survey, wastewater infection levels, reproduction (R) number, reported COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 hospital and ICU admissions and Flu and COVID-19 Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme uptake.
The next release of this publication will be 30 November 2022.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
Access the COVID-19 dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
The COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) estimates the proportion of people in Scotland who would have tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently our best understanding of community population prevalence.
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example: Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website), Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website) and Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
COVID-19 in pregnancy in Scotland
The 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
Highest risk (shielding) list
The 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 24 August 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.