About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
Please note these statistics are affected by delays in test results being processed in positive cases (16 to 18 October 2020).
- Between 28 May to 25 October 2020, 39,115 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 150,446 contacts have been traced (of which 112,632 were unique).
- As at 25 October 2020, there have been 57,874 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 8,182 in the latest week.
- In the week ending 25 October there were 157 individuals aged 16-17 and 301 aged 18-19 who tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the week ending 21 October 2020, there were 641 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 25 October 2020 there were 55 patients who have ever been confirmed COVID-19 that were treated in an Intensive Care Unit.
- In the week ending 25 October 2020 there were 16,233 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 9,234 were required to quarantine and 3,355 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- In the week ending 25 October, 189 positive cases interviewed through contact tracing had stated travel to Blackpool in the previous 14 days.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- Daily COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
COVID-19 daily dashboard
Access the COVID-19 daily dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
The 10 June 2020 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The 3 March 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives.
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.