About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
- In the week ending 3 July 2022 there were 21,914 reported COVID-19 cases
- In the week ending 3 July 2022, 4,001 (18.3%) of all cases reported that week were determined to be reinfections when applying the 90-day threshold
- In the latest provisional week ending 03 July 2022, there were 877 new COVID-19 admissions. In the most recent complete week ending 26 June 2022, there were 1,062 admissions. The highest number of admissions are in those aged 80+ (25.2%)
- In the week ending 3 July 2022, there were 39 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19
- In the week ending 3 July 2022, there were on average 1,450 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 26.3% increase from the previous week ending 26 June 2022 (1,148)
Wider Impact Analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 13 July 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage datafile was updated on 14 September 2023 to include the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.