The purpose of the Mental Health Inpatient Activity Release is to monitor hospital care across Scotland. The following questions support this purpose and can be answered using the data being released.
Questions specific to this data release:
- How has mental health inpatient activity changed over time?
- What are the characteristics of the patients using mental health services?
- Are there patients being treated outwith their home area?
The following parts of this data release can be used to answer these questions.
- Data Summary – for those curious about what this data release says
- Trends Data – for a focused overview of this data release
- Glossary – definitions of key terms used in this data release
- Data Explorer – for a more detailed view of this data release
- Data files – to dig deeper into this data release