Working from home has become widespread since restrictions to control Covid-19 were introduced in the UK. This has meant a major shift for individuals and organisations.
This document details practical steps and considerations for employers and employees which will allow them to create healthy, sustainable homeworking conditions using the SHARE approach.
The five components of SHARE are:
1. Safe homeworking: Duty of care and setting up the workspace.
2. Help yourself and others: Communicating and meeting needs.
3. Adapt to change: Diverse home situations and styles of the ‘new normal’.
4. Relieve the pressure: Maintaining work-life balance with a flexible approach.
5. Evaluate: Review the situation regularly to ensure ongoing success.
This content is not covered by the Open Government Licence. Please see source record or item for information on rights and permissions.
Kinman, G., Grant, C., Fraser, J., Bell, N., Breslin, G., Colville, T., Kwiatowski, R., Steele, C., Tehrani, N., Thomson, L., Waites, B., Whittaker, L. & MacKey, G. 2020, 'Working from home: Healthy sustainable working during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond: Covid 19 guidance document', British Psychological Society. https://discovery.dundee.ac.uk/en/publications/d0bb25a4-228b-46b7-b02e-59eb981b0748